Research Room Guidelines
Planning Your Research Visit
- The Museum Archives is open 1-4 p.m. every Wednesday and Friday when an archives volunteer is available. If you want to research on Saturday or Sunday, you will need to make prior arrangements with the archivist. It is closed on major holidays.
- If possible, call ahead and let the archivist know what subject or material you want to research. Phone is 734-455-8940.
When You Arrive
- You will be charged admission to the Museum.
- Leave coats and anything not needed for research in the upper level coat room.
- You will be directed to the Research Room, located on the upper level, which is accessible by stairs and elevator.
- Sign-in in the Research Room.
In the Research Room
- Food and drink are not allowed in the Research Room.
- Please leave all hats, coats, briefcases, bags, books, cameras, recording devices, and other materials that are not essential for research in the coat room.
- Use only pencil and paper or laptop computers for taking notes.
- Researchers are not allowed in the Archives.
- The archivist will bring you all research material and return it to the Archives.
- The archivist will make copies of material for a nominal charge ($.25 per page).
- Images burned to CD: $5 each image for private use. Images for commercial use are $50 each. Images are also available in 600 dpi for $75 per image.
- Please handle all research materials with care. Avoid taking notes on top of archival materials or holding them in ways that will tear, fold, or otherwise damage them.
- When working with visual materials, always wear white cotton gloves, provided by the archivist.